Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My 23rd Birthday!
When we were dating, Dave once told me that my 23rd birthday would be one of my best ever because it would be my first one with him. Two days before my birthday he tried convincing me that we didn't have any money so he wasn't planning anything. I was so mad because I thought I married the romantic and creative man I dated. After I got off work on my birthday, Dave asked me to stop by the mall to get a few details about his GPS system we had been looking at buying on black Friday. Still mad he hadn't planned anything and had the audacity to ask me if he should change into sweats so we could go running when I got home, I took my sweet time and shopped around the mall for a good hour and a half. I arrived home to a burning fire, a pile a wrapped presents, a candle-lit dinner of shrimp and grilled pineapple, and a husband that was only hoping to buy himself 20 minutes by asking me to stop by the mall but had been ready and waited for over an hour for his birthday wife to come home. To top it off, inside of one of my wrapped presents was the exact GPS he asked me to stop and look at.
Dave did make my 23rd birthday extra special and I love him so much, although we've both come to realize that he likes surprises much more than I do. Haha, no birthday cake this year instead I got a candle in my favorite Sonic shake!

No comments: